Tuesday, September 25, 2018

ExtraCredit

Reverse outline of WP1
Paragraph 1 -  Every sport has some type of news media that their fans can go to and review updates throughout the season and even after the season.
Paragraph 2- NBA’s player profiles includes insights on a player from the time they’ve got drafted until now
Paragraph 3 - ESPN’s player profile includes a player’s history along with fun facts and videos.
Paragraph 4 - Rotoworld’s player profile about a player informs readers on what he/she is doing outside of that sport.
Paragraph 5 - Even though these three player profiles have its differences, they all have something in common. Their targeted audience is sports fans, commentators, and athletes.

The organizational/structural approach that I took to my WP1 was first coming up with an argument and then going from there. I first tried to find a good way to introduce my argument along with a thesis. After this, I found three examples that I would describe. The next two to four pages would eventually be directed to each example. After talking about each example and analyzing, I came up with a conclusion to describe the similarities and differences that I found within the three examples.
Moving forward, the changes that I might make will be to stay on track. After re-reading my WP1 it felt like I was just writing just to write and not getting to the point. I also felt like I went off track with my argument. It seemed as if I was talking about certain things that was off topic from my argument. Next time, I will incorporate sources from the assigned readings correctly rather than just have them floating through out my essay. Also, I think next time I will read the assigned reading more in depth. It will be easier for me to write and include vocab from the reading. In general, moving forward I will most likely have more people to peer edit my work and give me comments so I can make my writing better.

No comments:

Post a Comment